1. Set a regular bedtime. Go to bed at the same time every night. Choose a time when you normally feel tired, so that you don’t toss and turn. Try not to break this routine on weekends when it may be tempting to stay up late. If you want to change your bedtime, help your body adjust by making the change in small daily increments, such as 15 minutes earlier or later each day.
2. Wake up at the same time every day.
3. Nap to make up for lost sleep. If you need to make up for a few lost hours, opt for a daytime nap rather than sleeping late.
4. Be smart about napping. While taking a nap can be a great way to recharge, especially for older adults, it can make insomnia worse. If insomnia is a problem for you, consider eliminating napping. If you must nap, do it in the early afternoon, and limit it to thirty minutes.
5. Fight after–dinner drowsiness. If you find yourself getting sleepy way before your bedtime, get off the couch and do something mildly stimulating to avoid falling asleep.
6. Wear socks to bed.
7. Do not drink any fluids 2-3 hours before bed
8. Avoid caffeine and alcohol .
9. No TV before bed.
10. Take a hot bath, shower or sauna before bed.
11. Go to the bathroom right before bed.
12. Wear eye mask to block out light.
13. Listen to relaxation CDs.
14. Avoid foods you can be sensitive to.
15. Cleanse Nasal Passages (Neti-Pot).
16. Lose excess weight .
17. Eat high protein snack 2-3 hours before bed.
• • •
Improve the effect of Oral Appliance Therapy
|1.Open nasal airway|
|2.Prevent sleeping on a back|
|Rematee AntiSnore Bumper Belt||www.antisnoreshirt.com|
|ZZoma Bumper belt||www.zzomaosa.com|
|Dr.Parker snore relief cushion|
|3.Let’s gravity work for you|
|4. Wearing compression stockings|
|Stockings during the day reduced the increase in neck circumference during the night|
• • •
|``` PHYSICIAN REFERRAL FORM|
|SLEEP APNEA SELF TEST|
MARIA SOKOLINA D.D.S.
1066 Clifton Ave. Clifton, NJ 07013-3616 315 W57th Str, Ste 209, NYC, NY 10019 (973) 777-2731 (212) 960-8919
Mon: 8:00am - 5:30pm | Tue: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Wed: 8:00am - 5:30pm | Thu: 8:00am - 3:00pm
Fri: 8:00am - 3:00pm | Sat: 8:00am - 1:00pm